We often get asked why we add ginger to our recipes. Aside from tasting divine and giving juices a real "zing," ginger has some amazing health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Cold and flu flighter: Ginger has been used in various parts of the world for thousands of years to prevent and combat cold and flu symptoms and severity. In addition to enjoying in your juices, try steeping 2 tbsp of fresh ginger in hot water and drinking as a tea twice a day when symptoms start.
- Eases stomach discomfort: Ginger has long been used to remedy bloating, constipation and nausea. It seems to reduce inflammation in a similar manner to ibuprofen and paracetamol.
- Morning sickness support: Ginger is widely acknowledged to alleviate nausea associated with pregnancy.
- Immune support: The regular consumption of ginger has been shown to boost the immune response and to decrease bacterial infections in the stomach.
- Fight respiratory symptoms: Ginger is a natural expectorant, opening the airway and assisting in the coughing up of phlegm.
Not a bad list eh? And you don't need to add loads, either, to enjoy the benefits. Just add half a thumbsized piece to each juice and you'll soon feel the amazing effects.
Until next time, be well!